Gossamer

Welcome Spring! What took you so long?!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Former Coworker's Blog Site

A guy that once worked at my job has moved to New Zealand with his family while his wife pursues higher studies in some scientific field. (Obviously this guy isn't a close friend or I'd have better details.) He has started a blog to let everyone who's interested know what's happening and I have been following his travels. Here's a sample page from his blog:

This really doesn't do justice to the site since the pictures are so clear and colorful.
Dustin, my friend, is traveling around New Zealand with his son and young daughter and his wife in a Winnebago. I like his blog because he includes a lot of pictures and his wit keeps the stories interesting.
I can only imagine what memories his kids will have when they get older and remember the time the family zigzagged over New Zealand.
The pictures are so pretty and it shows a land uncluttered and slower and seemingly peaceful. How different from this area.
The site makes me wish for the opportunity to do something like this. To be with my family as we explore new places and taste new food. Is the air significantly cleaner, what are the people like, are the skies filled with stars at night, do wild animals roam, is crime nonexistent?
Here's the site, if you're interested:
.http://ashorttimeinnewzealand.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment